August 28, 2015

A Day in Baltimore

Back in the spring (hence the long hair), I had a fleeting few days off work and decided to venture on my first solo road trip to visit a friend. She lives right outside Annapolis & Baltimore so it was perfect for my wanderlust self.

Side note: I think many Americans think international travel is the only way to get an amazing vacation and "really travel." While it's cool and exciting to get another stamp on the passport, I think we don't realize what is sitting right in our backyards. There are so many cities rich in history and unique spots only short road trips and weekends away.

Anyways.

In Baltimore, we started our rainy day adventures at one of my favorites, Shake Shack. YUM. I have a theory that anytime you eat burgers and fries, the calories don't count. Especially Shake Shack. And cupcakes.

Right across the street was the harbor so we spontaneously purchased tickets to tour four famous historic ships. One was a submarine. That was the first I'd been on and seriously hope it is the last. Talk about claustrophobic ... I can't imagine being underwater for months in something like that. I applaud whoever has. Another one was actually the last surviving ship from Pearl Harbor. I'm such a history geek and like to read every single little plaque describing every little detail so I could go on and on. If you aren't like that, you would hate traveling with me.

After that we just walked around some of the shops in the harbor. They are all in restored old brick building so the character in some of these places was definitely worth seeing. All in all, I would visit Baltimore again!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Show some love!