August 30, 2015

Orange County Fair


When I was little, I used to hate anything that had to do with large crowds. Malls. Festivals. Parades. Count me out, I didn't want to go. The homebody in me was convinced I would get lost and never find my parents and never go home again.

Since then, I have thankfully outgrown that and going to theme parks and fairs are fun to me. I'm still warming up to fast rides and roller coasters... my idea of a great ride is like the teacups at Disney or a carousal.

Don't make fun of me.

As part of volunteering with A21, I had to run the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force booth at the OC Fair along with the other volunteers. We got a ticket to the fair for the day and after our shift we got to hang around! So fun. I got to try some news things like chocolate covered bacon (surprisingly, yum) and deep fried oreos (just as expected, yuck). Outside the crepe stand I found an Eiffel Tower. You know I'm going to find something French no matter where I go! Even though we didn't do any of the rides, walking around is such a great time.

Decision made: fairs make for great people watching.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Show some love!